Monday, August 23, 2010

Mondays are for Random


1. This is my friend Courtney's kitchen window sill. And a reminder that tomatoes in season, sliced with a little salt and pepper have been changing my life on a daily basis recently. (um, my mouth is watering just thinking about them)

2. Too bad the weather today does not remotely match this picture. Although I do love a rainy day, they are really only lovely when you don't have to leave the house.

3. I think I might have broken my toe. And what's worse, I the potential incident in which it was broken was over 3 weeks ago (at the Barn reunion where my crazy lack of depth perception made me walk into a doorframe instead of just through the actual doorway). I can walk on it, but I think only because it's open toe shoe season. It hurts when I have to wear real shoes.I fear the coming of fall may bring me much pain. I fear also that because I've done nothing about it, I will now never be able to wear closed toe shoes. This does not bode well for winter in the northeast.

4. The wedding we shot this weekend was at a GORGEOUS house in Connecticut that I have been thinking a lot about. I mused to the photographer on Saturday, "If we do a really good job, do you think they would let us have this house?"

5. It's August, and I'm wearing a thick cable knit sweater and drinking Earl Grey tea at my desk.

6. On Sunday morning when we woke up after a late night shoot, while the curtains were still drawn and our room was nearly as dark as a cave, I said to Geoff, "It sounds cloudy outside."

7. Later in the day on Sunday, while making grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, he said to me something like, "You look in the fridge and tell me what sounds good to me." Which we also thought was funny.

8. We stayed up way too late last night looking at zillow.com to find the amazing house I fell in love with this weekend. That website is addictive.

9. Now that I've talked about my broken toe, it's starting to hurt more.

10. I mean, that's about all the semi-interesting tidbits I can muster today. It's rainy and I'm sleepy.


xo

No comments: