Monday, August 9, 2010

The Reality


Well, I did pretty well with my list, all things considered. I did not manage to get a pedicure, write a letter, go on a bike ride, make cheddar dill biscuits, rosemary flatbread or the peach blueberry cobbler. Why did I want to bake so many things? It's summer. That was a crazy idea.

The Zumba teacher didn't show on Saturday, so they offered a pilates class that I took instead. Ran home and swung by the farmer's market where I immediately wanted to buy everything.

Including this woman's bag.








You know those peaches that have been in season lately that look like butts? Well, I learned they have an actual (classier) name.


Loved this little one


Glad to see she was starting her wine tasting early. A girl after my own heart.


What I accidentally came home with from the Farmer's Market...



Then I headed to Brooklyn to see Alison


And I made my first trip to the Brooklyn Flea, where they sell nearly everything cool.


Like these...


I really wanted to buy these. But I already have way too many glasses & cups and no room for them, so I restrained myself.


No idea what these are made out of. But they are fun.


Old school truck - Love it


Absolutely


Very Cool


I really wanted a pair of these.


A whole stand with a woman who does Art on Post-its. Very cool. People think of such interesting things...


All kinds of jewlery (cuff links, rings, earrings, pendants made from scrabble letters, typewriter keys and all kinds of other cool things). Again, with the thinking of interesting things...


This guy was selling sourdough toasted & brushed with olive oil then sprinkled with salt and pepper. Since it after 3pm and I hadn't eaten since my maple oatmeal muffin at 9am, I bought one for $1. Yum.


Then Alison and I got a very very late lunch (can you still call it lunch at 430pm?) and encountered these munchkins, who were embracing what summer is all about.


Then Alison and I played HGTV and rearranged the furniture in her living room before I headed home. Once there I made Whole Wheat Blueberry Oat Scones, boiled potatoes for tomorrow's brunch and edited some photos for one of Geoff's clients. And watched Design Star.

All in all....a very FULL and very FUN day off. And I haven't even told you about Sunday yet!

3 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

just your usual amazingly beautiful photography....the children! the ride to brooklyn!
thanks for sharing your day.
xoxo

Christy said...

oh my WOW...that place looked amazing!!!

the little owl said...

So fun to see how you documented the day - probably one of the best afternoons spent in Brooklyn in a long, long while! LOVED the pic of the scale at the farmer's market, the keys, the muffin at the wine tasting, and the graffiti on your way to Bklyn. LOVED. Yay for your taking pictures again. For serious.