Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Dream


I have the whole day off. Just sent Geoff out the door for a wedding shoot. He graciously encouraged me to stay behind and have a day to myself. It's amazing how much I want to do today, just because I can. In fact, In my head I have filled this entire weekend with amazing and fantastic fun things to do. I figured I'd better write some of it down, partially as a record and partially to laugh at myself on Sunday night when I see I could really only squeeze half of it into 48 hours.

To Do:
-Make Maple Oatmeal Muffins for breakfast for the week
-Try a Zumba class at the gym
-Go to Brooklyn Flea with Alison
-Make Geoff breakfast and snacks for his shoot on Saturday
-Get pedicure
-Take pictures
-Make homemade whole wheat pizza dough (for pizza on Sunday night)
-Double pizza dough recipe and make Rosemary Flatbread with the other half
-Make oatmeal blueberry scones for brunch tomorrow
-Use CSA potatoes to make homemade hash browns for brunch tomorrow
-Use up the zillions of CSA peaches in the fridge by making this Nectarine Blueberry Cobbler from SweetFineDay. Except with peaches, obviously.
-Go on bike ride
-Edit photos of event Geoff shot
-Make something with CSA kale & zuchini before they go bad (not necessarily in same recipe)
-Write someone a letter with the cool Katharine Hepburn stamps Geoff's mom sent me
-Make Cheddar Dill biscuits to have for the week
-Replant cilantro (as it is dying)
-Make iced coffee
-Make batch of iced tea for Geoff for the week
-Pick up more white wine
-Go on a fun adventure with Geoff tomorrow (bike into the city, go to the Highline....SOMETHING)
-Blog pictures of this amazing weekend I'm making up

Things I have already accomplished from this list:
-Maple oatmeal muffins (I only ever use whole wheat flour now, no matter what the recipe says - works pretty well in this one)
-Got Geoff out the door with healthy breakfast and snacks for his shoot
-Made iced coffee
-Am about to go change and head to the gym for my Zumba class!

We'll see how much more of my dream weekend actually becomes a reality....

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love days off

Deb Schwabe said...

Just dreaming the list is a happy way to start your Saturday all to yourself.
xoxo