Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Revelations

Geoff and I had the whole weekend off, which hasn't happened in....I truly don't remember how long. Seems like it must have been August. But after a slow morning, I started to get cranky. I felt like we were wasting the day. I wanted to be productive on the apartment, but I didn't feel like working on it. I knew we should work out and didn't feel like it. I was frustrated that I wanted us to have food in the house and we don't. Since we never have time to cook (most nights I don't get home before 10pm) I wanted us to have some healthy easy options. But Geoff didn't feel like grocery shopping. And then the next thing I knew I was ridiculously upset at him because he doesn't like turkey sandwiches. (He likes a warm sandwich, but not a cold cold-cut sandwich, which of course i love and grew up on and are an easy, cheap lunch solution). So even though I realized it was beyond ridiculous to be mad at him because he doesn't like turkey sandwiches, I had to tell him and say it out loud. Which I did. And as soon as I was able, we laughed about it. And then we went for a walk.

We have always been the type of people who exercise out of necessity, not for pleasure. But it was sunny and brisk outside, which was so lovely - my favorite kind of weather. So we got on our workout gear and we had an awesome time. We walked through Sunnyside and Woodside and then over to the only Panera Bread in NYC, which is in Astoria, for lunch. Love me some Panera. And we'd passed a Michael's on the way, which we then went back to at the end of our walk and got a bunch of stuff on sale for the house. (So Fun!!) And we ended up walking all over Queens, just stopping for lunch, running errands and spent almost the whole day outside. And it made us remember how fun it can be to be productive and active. We both work so much that when we have time off we just want to relax. Which is important too. But we've turned over a new leaf and have decided to be as active as possible. Geoff even had the brilliant idea to take dance classes once a week...swing or salsa or something. Which I would LOVE. Now we just have to find the time. Maybe we'll end up loving to excercise after all....

No comments: