Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How you like me now?

Here is our completed bathroom. I completely love it.

Shelves on one wall.... (and the picture is of the steps leading down to the water at my family's house on the Cape)


Pictures on another...


Here is a closeup on those pictures (which we took ourselves). I'm actually going to replace the one on the far left, as I feel the yellow doesn't really go with the white/teal/cream thing we have going on.


But, from left to right they are:
(L) Yellow flowers growing by the side of the road in Bass Harbor Maine, which we took while waiting for the ferry to my parent's house on Swans Island.
(C) Mussels and shells on my parent's beach on Swan's Island, same trip.
(R) Our row boat and the sailboat we used to have at the Cape, The Rebecca May (named after my grandmother).

Now that everyone is sufficiently bored with my bathroom, I will attempt to post something next that has nothing to do with my apartment. God, you'd think I don't do anything else. (Ok, so I don't, and the living room is almost picture-ready, so prepare yourself).

8 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

YIKES!!! It's gorgeous! You are ready for the Real Simple photo shoot! And, I am so touched by the wonderful photos you framed...from places with happy memories....even if you can't be there very often.
I know you'll enjoy that beautiful space you created!
love you!

the little owl said...

It looks fantastic! I love it! And if I'm honest with you - I like the yellow. i think the contrast in color adds that something extra... know what I mean? Of course, I haven't seen it in person, but from the pictures I like the yellow.

Michelle said...

I love the shelves...I wouldn't have thought of using glass but they're perfect! I need to be better about framing my own pictures and putting them around the house too!

Tracy said...

Kate,

I am so loving the yellow. You can't take it down! That was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw the pictures. It's the perfect contrast to the blue walls. I think domino needs to add your bathroom to their magazine.
:)

Unknown said...

i'm coming over now to take a shower...

Christy said...

love it...love your life...LOVE that you can say "pictures of our house at the Cape", I mean...really??!!! :)you two are so wonderful...love you!

Tracy said...

Hi Kate,

Hope all is well with you and yours! Hope you blog soon.

:)

the little owl said...

I just posted about this, and though I would send it your way. It was actually kinda fun to come up with one-word answers. Feel free to answer... or not.

:) See ya tomorrow...

Where is your mobile phone?
Where is your significant other?
Your hair colour?
Your mother?
Your father?
Your favourite thing?
Your dream last night?
Your dream goal?
The room you're in?
Your hobby?
Your fear?
Where do you want to be in 6 years?
Where were you last night?
What you're not?
One of your wish-list items?
Where you grew up?
The last thing you did?
What are you wearing?
Your TV?
Your pets?
Your computer?
Your mood?
Missing someone?
Your car?
Something you're not wearing?
Favourite shop?
Your summer?
Love someone?
Your favourite colour?
When is the last time you laughed?
When is the last time you cried?