Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snowy Wednesday

It's a snowy day in NYC and I for one love it. Everyone on Facebook seems to be over the snow, but I am not. We're back from London/Paris and settling back into real life. Pictures and stories and details to come. There may even be some videos of me playing faux travel guide at the Tower of London, which we made while goofing around. Those were fun. The trip itself was good, though not what we had anticipated, as is always the way of things. I sadly felt like my photography mojo was off for nearly the whole trip. It may have been because it was gray and or rainy the entire time we were there, in both cities. We had about 3 scattered hours of sunlight on Geoff's birthday, and that was about it, so everything looks a bit gray and cold and sad in the photos. I will say that was a bit of a bummer, since my favorite thing to do in pretty places I've never been to is photograph them. But we'll see what we come up with after a little photo editing. Speaking of photos - my apologies for the horrible quality of the iPhone photos that appeared on this blog while I was gone. They looked a lot better on the tiny screen of my iPhone than on an actual computer. I had no idea.

Geoff has finally caught the cold I had on the trip, so he is feeling pretty lousy. I'm back at work and sensing things starting to really heat up in the next 2 months. I'm anticipating being quite busy. Trying to brace myself. Gosh there are so many things I'm thinking about, but I'm skirting the line of what to share when, what to share here at all and when I'll actually have time to write about it all in a way I feel good about. In the meantime, tonight I'm trekking to Brooklyn for dinner with my best friend and that alone will answer at least half of my questions.

3 comments:

beckley said...

i don't know...i kinda think gray photos are rich in romance...surely there's a red umbrella in there somewhere =)

maybe lay a texture over something and let it roll...i bet they're still awesome. of course they are!

Courtney said...

i loved all your pics. and i loved that you posted as often as you did!!!

Michelle said...

Glad you made it home! And can't wait to hear more about what you're thinking about when you're ready.