Monday, September 27, 2010

By the Seat of My Pants

That's how I'm operating these days. It's been really busy. Like......since the day after Labor Day. That's when it all exploded. Zillions of weddings, ZILLIONS of casting things. Last week was absolute MADNESS at the office and we shot a wedding both days this weekend. I won't be home before 11pm any night this week, we have a wedding in Hartford all day Saturday and I have an opening for work Sunday night. Which I think I haven't even told Geoff about. Then theatre and classes all next week and 2 weddings on the 9th. So my next day off is October 10.

And all I want to do is cook.

I want to be able to be at home and make stuff with the poor CSA vegetables that are being woefully neglected in my fridge. I want to get creative in the kitchen. I want to make homemade everything. Bread, pies, pizza, soups, salads, things made with squash, everything. Not quite sure where this is all coming from. But its what I want to do. Maybe because I never get to? And if I got to all the time, I'd be glad to eat out?

But there are 6 openings for work in the next 7 weeks. And at least 5 weddings to shoot. So I fear there will far too much takeout in my life in the weeks to come. This is very, very sad. But I guess I'll be flying around by the aforementioned seat of my pants far too fast to notice.

Can't decide if glancing at my favorite food blogs, here, here and here, while I'm too crazed to do anything myself will make it better or worse.

I'm guessing worse.

1 comment:

the little owl said...

Breathe! Breathe! Breathe! Soon enough, you'll have plenty of time to cook. I promise to invite myself over at least once every two weeks so you can cook for me. :)