Thursday, September 23, 2010

My First Headshots


On the way home from brunch last weekend, Megan and I had an impromptu photo shoot in our neighborhood. She needed some headshots for a couple interviews/auditions and we just snapped a couple real quick. I didn't have the best lens with me and I truly don't know what I'm doing, but I thought they turned out ok, all things considered.

I think this one is my favorite.


My favorite kind of photography is the kind where I hide in the background with a long lens and catch a great moment when the subject doesn't actually know they are being photographed. I'm not super comfortable "directing" people yet. I think I need some practice in that department.

Like, for example, I told Megan to maybe give me a little half smile/smirk and jokingly said "you know, like you have a secret." This was her response.


Rightly so.

So I need a ton more practice (right, in all my free time), but it was fun. Thanks for being a patient subject, Megs!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I like! thanks my dear. it was fun! & yeah, lets do it again sometime (when i have on better make-up & hair) you rock.

Stephen Gire said...

Beautiful shots, Kate. And beautiful model! Great job Kate and Megan.