Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cape Cod bound

We are sooo outta here.

Tonight we are packing up the car with bags, bikes, Bokas, Alison and her dog Rupert and driving up to Cape Cod for the long weekend. I'm beyond excited. It will likely be our only chance to get there this summer. Mom and Dad are there already. Clay is coming tomorrow. In fact, Clay is the reason for the whole sha-bang. He will be turning 30 years young on Friday. And he is throwing himself quite the bash. And we will be just a few of the guests in attendance. He sheepishly admitted to Mom that, "there might be tents". Mom is attempting to remain very calm. QUITE the soiree. And tons of his fun Boston friends are coming, most of whom I've yet to meet. He bought a condo there, is now driving a BMW and is all kinds of fabulous.

We do milestone birthdays prety well in our family I think. For my 30th, Mom and Dad came to surprise me, Clay flew in all the way from California, which was also a huge surprise (that made me cry), we rented out a martini bar in Hells Kitchen for the party and Geoff proposed. Not too shabby. For Dad's 60th, Clay and Geoff and Uncle Chuck and I all came to the Cape to surprise him. Clay apparently didn't trust us to do him justice, so it took it upon himself to plan his own party.

AND, this party has a theme. Inspired by Nantucket Reds, the Cape Cod lifestyle, and the below video.



We are all expected to come dressed appropriately. I've been working on my outfit all week. Not as easy to find in NYC, but as Tim Gunn says, I will be making it work.

Oh, there will be MANY photos to come....

Happy July 4th holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Have a super fun time...so glad you're making it to the Cape and seeing your family!

Stephen Gire said...

It's sad that this is "THE" video in Boston. Oh, and as much as I'm sad and depressed that I won't see y'all, I'm so freakin' glad I don't have to come to a head to toe Nantucket Red party... I think I threw up a little in my mouth...