Monday, July 6, 2009

Speedy Sunflower

Well, well, well....

We arrived home on Sunday night at 2:30am from our big weekend at the Cape (more to come on that soon - once I sort through the 750 pictures we took!) and WHAT did I find awaiting me?

This guy -


He is so tall and so fast to grow! There was NOTHING growing out of that pot when we left Wednesday night. Then we go away for 4 days and all of a sudden he's practically a teenage sunflower! I was shocked. Shocked/Nervous that he will outgrow our kitchen windowsill garden faster than I thought. Geoff took this picture yesterday afternoon and we think it was even taller by last night. Um.... yikes.

More to come on the 4th of July weekend soon...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They grow up so fast don't they..... Soon he'll be wanting to borrow the car.

;)

Joel and Kim Barbosa said...

Kate,

We loved your post that you wrote after our wedding. It was very creative, and the photos, as always, looked amazing! I am glad your sunflower is growing already. We gave out all of the seeds to our guests, and I don't think we saved any for ourselves. It's ok though because every time we buy a new plant we are really bad about remembering to water it. At least we take care of each other better than we take care of our plants!