Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dreams Really Do Come True

So.....'member all my longing for a chalkboard? I've been looking for one for MONTHS and was contemplating using chalkboard paint to make one up, and even put a little makeshift border around it, just like this. But, then remembering this fiasco we had with painting our kitchen and how difficult these old walls are to deal with, I wasn't sure that would even work.

And then, one day last week, when I was having a bit of a lousy day, I discover that my wonderful husband ordered me one. Used a Pottery Barn gift card we had left over from the wedding and just ordered me one. And it arrived on Monday!


And he was a total rockstar and hung it up. It is absolutely the most difficult one to hang up, cause you have to hang up four things and not just one. Count on me to make things difficult....

But I love it! Look how good it looks in my kitchen!


Kinda think it makes that vintage thing over the butcher block not go as well, but I'm going to leave it there until if/when I find the perfect thing to replace it. And it's maybe a smidge crooked if you look at it hard enough but I don't even care. I love it so much!! Everytime I see it, I love it even more. And love my husband for dealing with the hassles of putting it up. Thanks Geoff!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

so fun! and thoughtful. and sweet!

Ali said...

it does look good. very sweet of Geoff

Deb Schwabe said...

You deserve your pleasures!!!!
It looks great, can't be happier to know it makes you so happy, and hoorah for an awesome husband who is so thoughtful and willing and handy around the house.

Bravo Geoff!

Miss G said...

Hi Kate! Great to "meet" you. Thanks so much for the great cooling off tip for this summer heat. I look forward to looking at your blog more. I think it's fun that your header shot is in an elevator. My husband and I have some super fun engagement shots taken in an elevator. :) Have a good one. Kelly

Michelle said...

It looks great! Way to go Geoff!