Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy Saturday = Joy


Its Saturday. I finally have a full 2 days off with Geoff, and I'm loving it. Here's how its been amazing so far:
1) It's been raining since we woke up. I cannot begin to tell you how happy that makes me. I am a lover of a rainy Saturday morning. Breakfast, coffee and being in my bathrobe with the whole weekend before us. It gives me so much joy.
2) Photo shoots. Of our newly revived basil plants. It had gotten sick a few months back, had bugs and the weekend mom was here in February, we gave it some pruning, some medicine and some TLC and now it is SO green and lush and healthier than it has ever been. So I had to have a photo shoot.


They reach towards the sun so much that I have to turn the pot every morning to make them grow straight.



A little mushroom who has grown with the basil. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but he's cute, so we'll keep him.


3) Learning a new trick or two. Geoff taught me a new element of photo editing and I got so excited about it I had to hold myself back from standing up. This is me, shyly hiding my over-excitement (pardon the pre-shower hair).


These next two are the same picture....just with some different editing effects. Which make me happy




and
4) Finally having a moment to blog, be it ever so briefly. YAY for that.

Future Ways this weekend will give me joy:
1) We are investigating buying bikes this weekend.
2) We will have Panera for lunch
3) I will go to the little corner market and buy tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to make a caprese salad with our newly amazing basil
4) I will buy fresh tulips because they look so amazing in the white pitcher.

Off we go for bikes and Panera. But not in that order. Leaving our rainy fire escape behind us....

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you're having a good weekend together! And yum, Panera!

Courtney said...

SO glad you had a WEEKEND. good grief! you need MORE of those, friend!!! i hope it was good for your soul!!!

Christy said...

LOVE it!!...love hearing about your life, love the restful weekend, love the gorgeous pictures, definitely LOVE the basil...wondering how you revived it cause I always kill mine...I just got some new plants last week!!! LOVE YOU friend!!!