Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lately - in Brief

We are still both really swamped with work, so there's NO time for blogging, which makes me sad. There's also no time for laundry, eye appointments or grocery shopping. We have been living on tomato basil mozzeralla salads, protein shakes, taco salads from wendys and amys organic frozen burritos. Yes, i am quite the homemaker these days.

Other things that have happened:
-we bought bikes. Geoff's had to be ordered cause he's so dang tall and he's picking it up today. As it is planning to be in the 80s on Sat, we are counting on a fun day of adventure on our bikes.
- i got caught in a torrential downpour on Monday on the way home from work when the train when out of service 5 stops from my house. I was left to walk & find a cab or bus, was completely soaked and halfway in between being angry enough to kick something, but somehow having the urge to laugh at it all. i finally got home and we drank wine and had a frozen pizza and talked for HOURS on the couch. Which was lovely.
-we saw THE NORMAN CONQUESTS last Saturday. A british comedy & a trilogy. Three plays in one day all about the same thing but from different perspectives. VERY funny. Am hoping to post about that separately. Cause there were some fun pictures.
-I'm in the middle of casting the Broadway production of Bye Bye Birdie and my desk is constantly covered in teenagers headshots. We've found some really talented kids. So even though its hectic, the auditions are fun.
-all of my socks seem to have dissappeared. Perhaps this is linked to the laundry issue.
-I've officially gained back the 20 pounds I lost for the wedding. Which is just awesome. While on the bright side, this supports the idea that we are, in fact, living in marital bliss, the not so bright side is that none of my spring clothes fit. Hoping the bike purchase will assist in this new issue.
-I am obsessed with The Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo. Patti drops truth bombs all day long and does not play around. I love her.
-I've switched back to my yellow bag that i carried all around Italy, as it is spring now. Even though i have been slightly too optimistic in my clothing choices this week. Sandals, i have learned, are not quite appropriate for the upper 50s, even if its sunny.

That's about all for now. More tidbits as we are able. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

beckley said...

good to have you back.

and by the way, you don't have to eat the pizza frozen. You can cook it.

:)

r

Courtney said...

love the tidbits!
did you get a bike ride in?
and i think sandals were appropriate for this weekend, huh? :-)

Michelle said...

Enjoy your bikes and yellow bag! Hope your socks show up soon! Miss you!

Stephen Gire said...

I love this. And I miss you... Brings back memories of cameras in the park at the first sight of Spring...

Love you my dear...