Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Better

I'm better. Little perspective never hurt anyone. Only helped everyone, I think. And also, as I said to Geoff last night and my mom this morning, you know that "crazy" part of you that everyone has? That's what I call it anyway. I'm not afraid to admit it and I think everyone has it to varying degrees. Except maybe my dad who is just calm and unruffled as can be. Always. Or at least appears that way. But the "crazy" is the part of you that's irrational, emotional, selfish, fearful or whatever else? And part of it, when used for good can be what makes you fun and charming and interesting. But not when it's used for evil. Then its just Crazy. Well I've just tied Crazy up in a chair and put her nose in the corner and will leave her there until I have a day off to deal with her appropriately. And it frees me up. And also, after reading Stephen's blog about the Congo yesterday, it just seems ridiculous to be so fussed over what may seem to be legit concerns in my world, but are ultimately very trivial things in the big scheme of things.

OK, I will also promise to balance this recent "blog-as-therapy" craze with just some pretty pictures soon.

4 comments:

beckley said...

in the meantime, snapshots of your thoughts on what it means to live life as a human in the early 21st century: those are also pretty.

thanks for sharing.

i've got my crazy, too.

Courtney said...

i like your term, "crazy." because that is what it makes us, huh? i'm tying "crazy" up too...

Christy said...

oh my gosh, i am so seriously relieved that i'm not the only one...i love your realness and your heart so much kate...love the way robyn put it---so, "what she said", and LOTS of love to you!!!!
I'm so thankful to be your friend!...

Christy said...

ummmm....and yeah, a little jealous you can tie your crazy up...my girl---she's so crazy I can't even catch her...