Thursday, March 5, 2009

Signs, Windows & Storefronts -NYC

Lately I've been loving the signs and storefronts of Manhattan. Just loving them.

Coffee Shop - just south of Union Square (and the infamous place who told the amazing Alison when she worked there for a hot second that she just "wasn't exceptional". Which is just plain mean. And entirely incorrect.)


Living room window (I'm imagining) on the north side of Washington Square Park


Bar - Union Square South


Random storefront - around 10th St and University


Outside a Thai Restaurant


Fancy Shopping - West Village


Christopher Street, near the West Side Highway


Possibly the most charming storefront in all of Manhattan


Bar, West West Village


Nanny-cams in the window and everything


This looks like its's from another era...Bleeker Street. I think.


Fancy branding, even below knee level


6th Avenue's most famous sign - As we pass it in a cab on the way home...


Goodnight, New York

5 comments:

beckley said...

LOVE ny.

the little owl said...

I still adore you, even though you posted a picture of Gray Dog's Coffee - 'member, that's the coffee shop where the owner told me, "Alison, you're simply not exceptional enough." :) I love The Other Room - went on a date there once. And of course, you know how I love my Marc Jacobs!

Great pics, friend! SOOOOOO happy to be back in this amazing, lovely, wonderful city!

Michelle said...

These are awesome....such a fantastic way to capture the feel of the city.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Kate!

Small world -- I've got a friend who lives just off Washington Square that is a regular at Grey Dog's. Love your blog! Great to see that you and Geoff are doing so well. Give my best to the rest of your family!

Andy Baker