Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Paris - Part 1


OK, there is FAR too much to say about Paris. I've been trying to write it all in one whole post for almost 2 weeks and finally had to break it into multiple posts. Even though, in my initial report I complained about the cold I wasn't prepared for, as well as how gray it was, as I look back on my pictures, I have to admit, Paris is pretty photogenic. I should really so about 6-10 dfferent series of photographs to really do it justice: Paris at Night, Black and White Paris, the People of Paris, Le Tour Eiffel, The Cafes of Paris, etc etc etc.

Day 1: Our favorite day. The Eiffel tower in the morning, wandering the 6th arrondismont in the afternoon, the Champs-Elyesee and the Arc de Triomphe in the evening and Geoff's 40th Birthday Dinner at the oldest restaurant in Paris. Kinda hard to beat a day like that.


A repelling class was there that day. Pretty cool place to take lessons.


Standard



Loved this little guy - marvelling at Just How Tall It Is


Lovers initials at the middle level of the tower


Me attempting to look impossibly Parisian at our first meal in Paris and mostly succeeding in just looking like a New Yorker.


Wandering around...










Standard couple making out shot


Stairs up to the top of the Arc De Triomphe


Arc de Triomphe


The view from the top...


More to come. And yes, there are videos from Paris as well. Brace yourselves.

6 comments:

Deb Schwabe said...

I observe: the sun was shining, the photos are magnificent, you were in shirt sleeves at an outdoor cafe, the photos are magnificent but I repeat myself, just for emphasis.

the little owl said...

Ugh. Seeing these makes my heart ache for Paris - Ache! Love: * The Pears * The Cafe Chairs * All the pics of the buildings/apartments... can't wait to see more!

Kate and Geoff said...

The sun shone at the 3 hours of the first day at the Eiffel Tower and never again, the rest of the "sunny" times were via photo editing, and we were at an indoor cafe. But I do I take your point. Looking back, it was pretty stinkin' lovely.

Ariel said...

I'm so jealous... but in a good way:) Man do I miss that city!!

Beautygirlnextdoor said...

Absolutely stunning..I am dying to go to France - Paris especially and now I want to go even more! Miss you - hope you are well...

Beth said...

That last photo is AMAZING. Makes me want to go.