Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Paris - Part 2


DAY 2: Monmarte & Sacre Cur, the Moulin Rouge, the Lapin Agile, several cafes, more wandering, a parfumerie, the Louvre just as it was closing and a wonderful dinner at a little pizza place just a few doors down from our hotel. Truth be told, we have come to call Monmarte our Waterloo. We may or may not have gotten into a wee bit of a disagreement and I may or may not have cried on the streets of Paris. Everyone should do it once, right? But it led to some really good conversations, so all was not lost.






I've decided Hal Holbrook would play this guy in the movie about his life. Either that or it actually IS Hal Holbrook.


Actual Moulin Rouge

The Louvre


DAY 3: Freeeeeeeeeeezing. Notre Dame, a stop for a warming cup of cafe in a cafe, wandering over near the Latin Quarter, an attempt to buy Geoff some gloves, but they broke after about 15 minutes, more photography, AMAZING french onion soup to warm me for lunch, a brief stroll through Luxembourg Gardens, a brief tour through The Musee d'Orsay (where we both fell for the same Degas painting), a frigid wait in the cold for a taxi, a nap at the hotel, a dinner at the corner bistro after being turned away from a reccommended restaurant, a late night crepe and a walk down the rue de Clare.



I was really taken with the statue of Jesus at the altar inside Notre Dame. I took about 47 pictures of him. You couldn't really see him directly from the front but I thought it was beautiful and there was something about it that really spoke to me. I know it's weird to talk him up and then show you a shot from behind the altar, but, again, angles of him were limited.


Reeeeaaallly ready for my soup now, please.


Luxembourg Garden




Latin Quarter - or thereabouts.


How amazingly Parisien is she?



Musee d'Orsay



All in all, Paris was pretty gorgeous. Even with the cold and the grey. We would love to go back.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Ahhhh... the D'Orsay. I don't know what it is about that Museum that gets me. I just love it. Just remember that Waterloos are good in marriage from time to time. As long as you come back walking the same path.

Ali said...

I am so sure you were at all those amazing places. WOW!