Friday, March 26, 2010

A Vodka Malted

The other night Alison and I met for dinner before seeing the invited dress of American Idiot (amazing). We had a lovely chat, and a couple of lovely cocktails and I ordered a second drink for myself. With drama all around us (mine at work and hers in her move), it seemed like the obvious choice. She hesitated about ordering her second (silly girl didn't drink the first one fast enough, THAT was the problem), so I suggested we share mine.

Maltshop style.


(the author would like to be forgiven for the use of bad iPhone photography)

I believe I initally suggested, "You can share mine. We can share it Milkshop style. No, wait. That's wrong. Milkshake style? No. Geez. MALTSHOP Style." And then I decided I will forever after refer to this as a Vodka Malted. Which is what Hugo Peabody so charmingly attempts to order in Bye Bye Birdie at a bar he is far too young to get into. And that made me smile.

Other than that though, this story basically has no point.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

the little owl said...

Really, I think this might be the new thing... a vodka malted. It's a sign of true friendship when you're willing to share your drink after a long and tiring and dramatic day... thank you for being that friend!

beckley said...

I think the point is that you got to see AMERICAN IDIOT!!!

i have been hoping for greenday to get on broadway. just saw the article recently and was stoked it was happening.

so really, no more info on that?! come on. some of us are out here in "real america" waiting to hear what Green Day had to say on stage!

jealous.
=)