Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our favorite locals - Part 1

There were so many awesome people to take pictures of in Italy. Besides the amazing history and countryside, it was awesome to take pictures of the locals. It was maybe one of my favorite things to do.

You've seen some of them already....our waiter in Venice, the old couple on the bench in Bellagio, the lady at the bus station in Pisa. here are some more of our favorites. Furry, or otherwise....

This couple may well take the cake. There was a lot of looking out the window that happened in in Italy. We spied these two in Pisa...


This guy seemed to live on this bench outside a winery in Montespertoli just five minutes from our villa where we bought several bottles of wine and some lovely olive oil on our first full day there. I loved him.


I loved this couple at a cafe in Venice - they were making out long enough for me to take their picture several times.


This was in Lucca. This is the walkway across what used to be the moat around the city, I assume. Now it's all grass. Love this man in his suit. What amazed me most is that Italians walk around in three piece suits in the crazy heat and never seem to break a sweat. How do they make them that way? I don't get it.


Venice. Is it clear yet that I have a thing for older Italian men? I'd love to join these four for a cappuccino.


Possibly almost the same group of guys, but at the overlook in Monteione.


I mean, please. This was Montepulciano. On possibly the hottest day ever. And there he is, in his suit. Really enjoying some chocolate ice cream. And I'm really enjoying him.


A mom in Montalcino on her cell phone, tending to her baby in the stroller. Moms have to multitask in every country.


A leather vendor at an open air market in Florence.


More to come. We haven't even scratched the surface...

No comments: