Thursday, June 5, 2008

My weakness

He's there several times a week. Shirtless, tan, mid 50s, sitting in his lawn chair on the corner of 39th and 7th with his shades on and the radio blasting. I can't resist him. Every time I pass I have to stop. Pashminas as far as the eye can see in every imaginable color. For $5. $5!! No matter that I already have 7 at home. It's really hot outside and really cold in my office and I need something to wrap around me so I can continue to focus on my job. And I need it in that gorgeous shade of green. For $5. And next week, I'll need one in a pale blue. No matter that I have 2 other blue ones at home (different shades!). No matter that it will be 85 degrees, humid and thunderstorming at our wedding, I need one in pale blue JUST IN CASE there's a chill in the air. For $5. It was all I could do to resist the yellow one I saw there the other day. Yellow, as we all know, is my new obsession. I needed it. But I was strong. Tomorrow, however, will be another story.


They say there's a sucker born every minute. And I would be one of them. And I kind of love it.

1 comment:

whowantspie said...

It's called feeding your soul, Kate. Life is too short for neutrals all the time! As someone who always had to have the big box of crayons and could never choose which shade of peach or pink to color the sky, I know just how you feel!

You go girl!