Thursday, November 27, 2008

Two Thanksgivings - Part 1

Thanksgiving means double meals for us. We've spent the last four years splitting Thanksgiving between Geoff's family in CT and my family, who all meet up at Cape Cod. We spend Wednesday evening and Thursday for most of the day with Geoff's family, including a wonderful dinner with extended family there.And after dinner, around 4pm or so, we get on the road and drive 3 some hours to Cape Cod to spend the weekend with my family.

Here's some pics of Part 1.

When we arrived on Wednesday night, after some dinner and a little convesation, we gathered to watch Sense & Sensibility. Since Khal, Maya & Kayla were in the process of being put to bed, we started the movie in their room. They made it about 15 minutes before they were out like a light.

How cute is this...? Khal and Kayla - knocked out.


And then on Thursday, the food began. Started with a very tasty butternut squash soup. Y-U-M.


Followed by a pumpkin ravioli in a sage butter sauce that would make Stephen and Alison proud... (can't claim to have made it myself, but did thoroughly enjoy it).


And of course the turkey...


We prayed over the food and as per our hostess's family tradition, there was discussion of "old business" and "new business". The old business being that Kayla had been born in the last year and that Geoff and I had gotten married. The new business was announced as Lizzie's brother and his wife are expecting their third child in May. Then she asked if there was any other new business, and somehow all eyes turned to me! This was right after my response of "I got nothin'!"


And how cute are our nieces and nephew?

Kayla with Liz


Maya with Duke- She is a long time lover of all animals (as is evidenced by the 12 or so stuffed animals she carries with her whenever she leaves the house).


Khal and his new love - football (yes he is five years old and understands the game better than I do. And I even understand it!).


Then we hit the road and were off to the Cape for part two. Will be the first time I've seen my folks since the wedding. Can't wait!!

No comments: