Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Real Deal


We might just be official. And here's how it happened.

Our friends Matt & Carrie McCulloch own a pilates studio on 19th Street and after apparently being pleased with the photos we took at their wedding (just as guests) a few years ago, they asked a while ago if we'd take some headshots for their instructors for the website. So Geoff popped over for a couple of hours and took some shots. Well, after that, Carrie started calling us "Katie & Geoff for Hire" and they said we should really start hiring ourselves out for photography. A few weeks later, they were our first paying clients. They were looking for some photos of their studio and just some general photos that would suggest pilates (not cheesy people in classes but something that would almost look like stock footage) to be the picture on top of each of their website pages. These are just some of the images we came up with (there are actually more that I like better but we've not uploaded them yet).


I love shallow depth of field in a shot. Its my favorite kind to do I think....when the background is blurry like this. Maybe you can tell, cause all the shots are like this. It's kind of the look they were going for.


I like this one. And how cool is her hair? She'd been wearing it down earlier in the day and it is awesome.



Love the ponytail...



Even took a few headshots of them. We need some practice on portraits but.....not too bad, considering it was our first try out of the gate.


She's so pretty!


Love this one of Matt - Feel like it really captures him.


I'll let you know once the edited pics are really up on their redesigned site. They'll look a little different (and cooler, i think) because they'll just be slivers of shots across the top of their page. So that means what...? Instead of a 4x6, more like a 2x6? I am bad at math though, so that could be way off. But in the meantime....if anyone is looking for a great pilates studio in NYC, they are awesome. Really fun and SO knowledgeable. Kinected Center would be my top recommendation.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I didn't realize there was so much machinery involved in pilates!

Deb Schwabe said...

I'll have what they're having! I want those arms!! Strap me on the rack!
your shots are so good! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!

Courtney said...

wow! you guys are amazing! so, you're going to be "photographer" for our weekend in january, right? :-)

Christy said...

wow! these pictures are amazing!!! LOVE pilates so much--it always makes me think of YOU Kate!! you really captured the spirit! :)