Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Birthday Girl

Today is my mom's birthday. I just want everyone to know how grateful I am for her. Without a doubt, I have the best parents in the world. No offense to any other parents out there reading this, but I'm sorry, my folks could totally take you.

Things I love about my mom:
She always wants everyone to feel welcome and special.
She is everyone's best friend.
She is a great secret keeper.
She lives on an island in Maine and picks berries from her own land and makes them into a cobbler (please!).
She volunteers when no one else will.
She loves you enough to never want you to feel any pressure to be anything other than yourself.
She is wise and understanding and a terrific listener.
She can put a positive spin on almost anything.
We have so much fun together.
She is the perfect hostess.
She is not afraid to talk in funny accents or dance around the kitchen.
She deals with the fact that almost the only time I ever have to talk with her is on my commute to work (which means competing with the noise of passing trains, the loud announcements at the station, and conversations being cut off when the train goes into the tunnel).
She loves and supports her family in what seems to me, a very selfless way.
She is a great example to me of the kind of mom I want to be someday.

Mom I love you so much. I hope you had a lovely birthday.
xoxo
kate

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy birthday Mrs. Schwabe!! You are always a joy to visit with Kate!