Friday, March 23, 2012

Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Update

It's spring somehow. Already. I am unprepared. I was supposed to be skinnier by the time short sleeve weather rolled around. And I just bought a gorgeous chunky teal infinity scarf on sale at Nordstrom a few weeks ago that I love and have barely been able to wear. But I've decided not to care, because the breeze coming in my window today is beyond lovely. And we've walked to Panera for lunch twice this week, which I love. So. Take that, jiggly arms. Life is too short to worry about you.

It's been busy as per usual and April and May will likely kick my butt too, so I figured I'd pause a bit today for an update. What I've missed telling you about:

1) I've gone to Salt Lake City and Vegas in the last month for work. I'd never been either place and both were fun to see - there's another post coming about that.
2) We managed a quick trip to Cape Cod with some friends in February - post coming about that too
3) Our nieces had birthdays in February and they had a "critter party" where an animal wrangler brought things like turtles and lizards and a chinchilla (which is super soft) and the hugest snake I've ever seen in real life, whose name was Junior.
4) We set a date in August for a Barn Girls reunion and that will be great fun.
5) I purchased a pair of "jeggings" - and while I hate their name, they have absolutely changed my life.
6) Our friends had their first baby. His name is Judah and I am way overdue for a visit. He's 3 weeks old almost and is already wearing clothes for a 6 month old. He's huge and awesome and I miss him.
7) Did a fun photoshoot with Ms Alison for her business. Post coming about that too. In theory. That's the third additional post I've promised - don't want to get ahead of myself.
8) Am finally learning Lightroom (a photo editing program that all the legit photographers use). It's pretty rad.
9) A friend who works at Coach hooked me up with a 65% off deal at an employee sale and my new bag makes me feel WAY fancier than I am. Plus, a fabulous bag like that will obviously pull focus away any potentially jiggly arms.
10) "Jiggly" is almost as terrible a word as "jeggings".

I'm basically taking the small sliver of time I've had on my hands lately and have been trying to enjoy my life. Hence my absence here. I loved walking down 45th Street the other night on my way to the theatre. It was spring, my iPod was giving me a great soundtrack, and I was all on my own to soak it in. Made me love this city.

No comments: