Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brunch in Brooklyn


A few Sundays ago, Alison hosted a girls brunch at her place in Brooklyn. And being the Little Miss Martha Stewart that she is, it was absolutely fabulous. I got there a bit early and helped with last minute prep; making coffee and whipping up a salad dressing for the CSA greens that were to be part of the meal.


Is it weird that I really like making homemade salad dressing? Like, kind of a lot? A mustard shallot vinaigrette is my new favorite I think ....


Alison made this fabulous quiche.


Then the girls arrived and we had a feast...



Amanda brought Miss Laura of course and she was QUITE the life of the party.


She's about seven and half months and at that I-must-be-Bouncing-at-all-times stage. Her legs are always moving. She also needs to know where Mom is at all times. But eventually she relaxed and got really into the rest of us. Particularly Alison's dog Rupert, as he is just her size.

Here they are really sizing each other up.



We don't all get together nearly often enough. Truly. Life gets hectic for all of us, I know - shows and jobs and babies and husbands and all that. But it is lovely to get together when we can. We should probably just put a quarterly brunch on the calendar, so we know it at least happens 4 times a year. Maybe we could make it happen more often than that if we remember that Alison will likely make us something like this.


Yep, that should do it.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Ohhhhhh that looks beautiful!!!!
And so good too---would love the recipe for your dressing...but I bet you're able to just whip it up!! :)

MISS you Kate!
LOVE your pictures...LOVE YOU!

Deb Schwabe said...

Yup. That WOULD do it! So wonderful to see the lovely ladies. Laura is such a Amanda/Lee combo!!! Precious! Great photos. Such a lovely time together.

Bassett said...

I'm trying to keep track of my own dressings, but haven't done a great job. I'll go and check on some of my best successes.

I do find that the better the vinegar, the better quality the dressing. :)

beckley said...

YUMMMMM.

and I ALWAYS make my own dressing. is there any other way?

love the pictures!
=)

the little owl said...

I love your recapping - you're so much better at than I. Thanks for taking pictures, lady! You're the best!