Monday, March 24, 2008

The Meeting


On a VERY COLD (frigid, even) Good Friday, our families finally met. After a snow storm foiled our first attempt last month, we finally got everyone together in the same place. My Mom and Dad popped down to CT for a day of wedding planning, and after discussing flowers and centerpieces at the Woodbury nursery, we convened at Al & Liz's house for a walk around the wedding site so mom could "eyeball" everything. After all the wedding work was out of the way, the families had lunch together. My dad and Al discussed wind power while Geoff's mom and mine made fast friends. We spent most of the meal being entertained by our amazing ring bearer and flower girl, Khal and Maya. Maya marveled over the stuffed lamb that my mom gave her for Easter, while Khal just generally displayed his genius math and verbal skills. I can't tell you how cute it was when he turned to my dad and said, "And what is your favorite number, Ed?" Gosh, they are both so stinkin' cute. They will totally steal the show at the wedding and I'm totally fine with it. And to think, there's a third future niece or nephew on the way. Don't know if I will actually be able to stand it.

The Schwabes at the tent site (this kind of looks like it could be our album cover)


Haley (my brother's dog) checks out the tent site


Mom meets Khal and Maya

No comments: